Before making the Trump Administration the most incompetent force in carrying out the Covid-19 protocol for the Nation, make sure the blame is spread evenly among all. Famous Fuaci was in it from the start, and the mask no mask issue should have never been an issue., nonetheless, this was the best practice under the unknown circumstances.
January 29, 2020
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding the President’s Coronavirus Task Force, including some of the Nation’s foremost experts on infectious diseases. Today, President Donald J. Trump announced the formation of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force. Members of the Task Force have been meeting on a daily basis since Monday. At today’s meeting, which the President chaired, he charged the Task Force with leading the United States Government response to the novel 2019 coronavirus and with keeping him apprised of developments.
The Task Force will lead the Administration’s efforts to monitor, contain, and mitigate the spread of the virus, while ensuring that the American people have the most accurate and up-to-date health and travel information. The President’s top priority is the health and welfare of the American people. That is why, in 2018, President Trump signed the National Biodefense Strategy, which improves speed of action in situations such as this.
The Administration, led by the President’s Task Force, will continue to work to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus. The risk of infection for Americans remains low, and all agencies are working aggressively to monitor this continuously evolving situation and to keep the public informed. For more information, please visit CDC.gov. Members of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force:
- Secretary Alex Azar, Department of Health and Human Services
- Robert O’Brien, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
- Dr. Robert Redfield, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health
- Deputy Secretary Stephen Biegun, Department of State
- Ken Cuccinelli, Acting Deputy Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
- Joel Szabat, Acting Under Secretary for Policy, Department of Transportation
- Matthew Pottinger, Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor
- Rob Blair, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff
- Joseph Grogan, Assistant to the President and Director of the Domestic Policy Council
- Christopher Liddell, Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy Coordination
- Derek Kan, Executive Associate Director, Office of Management and Budget